hungarian romanian english german

Carved Gate Bed & Breakfast, Transylvania


The first written manuscript to acknowledge the village is dated from 1333 and it was mentioned under the name of Bugus.  The population is the descendents of the ”Telegdi” szeklers led by the frontier guards in the 12th century.

The village was named after a famous church with gothic arches that dates back to the 14th century. This church is one of the most valuable and famous architectural monuments of the entire region and contains priceless frescos, cassette ceilings and serrated writings dating back to the 13th and 14th centuries.

Due to the central positioning of the village of Mugeni it is recommended to be the starting point of many trips to the central region of Transylvania.